This AC Buying Guide In Bangladesh will help you buy the best AC that you are looking for this hot summer.
In Bangladesh, the summers tend to get overpowered with scorching heat as the year heads forward. In those times, the vacancy for your best and ultimate friend is easily filled with an Air Conditioner. Now the thing is, how do you make sure that the AC you are buying is your ultimate soul mate?
Types of Air Conditioner
Central Air Conditioner
This is well known for cooling multiple rooms at once, or in other words, can cool the whole of your house or mansion in one go. This is perfect for you if you are an owner of a large house.
Ductless mini split
This is the best fit for people who want very good efficiency and only desire to get a part of their house cooled down. Ductless Mini-Splits come with remote control, but as the world is moving forward, technology gets upgraded, so some of these Air Conditioners are smart ACs and can be controlled by your Smartphone.
This is the same as the description given just above, the only difference being large sizes of window Air Conditioners are good and strong enough to cool down your small one-story house of flat only by itself in a few hours.
Portable Air Conditioner
This has all the components enclosed inside, does not require any outdoor units. Although, it does require a power outlet and window access where this power unit can be exhausted from using its fuel. Lastly, as the name suggests, yes, it is portable.
Floor mounted Air Conditioner
If Air conditioner runs a long time without periodic fresh air circulation by the customer through the door, window, or any ventilation system, in that case, Staying for prolonged in air-conditioned rooms tend to be bad for your skin as they suck the moisture out and make your skin extremely dry and lifeless.
Hybrid / Duel Fuel Air Conditioner
It uses a combination of a gas furnace and an electric Air source heat pump. The cooling this produces depends on the temperature outside, and the whole system of this Duel Air Conditioner works on reverse method, so it can be used in both summer and winter.
Smart Air Conditioners are Mini Splits but more advanced. How are they advanced? They are built with loT enabled technology, and when connected to the Wi-Fi, which can be controlled with apps from your Smartphone.
Geothermal Air Conditioner
This works by using the insulation properties of the earth. As the temperature below 6 feet of the ground remains more or less constant, the Air Conditioners are built in a way where they use this heat to cool houses more efficiently.
AC Buying Guide In Bangladesh
As you can see, there are a variety of options for you to choose from. Now, to understand, which is better than which, you need to know the pros and cons, and see which side is heavier.
- Central Air Conditioners cool your home at once, and the surroundings are regulated in minimum time. Humidity is lowered, making the overall environment more comfortable.
- Ductless Mini Splits are easily installed anywhere and do not require much work. Simultaneously, they can be controlled individually as well
- Air Conditioners with a window fall on the less costly side and comes along with easy maintenance and easy installation.
- As portable Air Conditioners can be moved, they do not require any permanent installation place. They can be easily moved around the house, with minimum effort.
- Floor mounted Air Conditioners allow you to check the Air filters very gracefully, thus resulting in making sure that the Air quality of your room is good and fresh. These ACs are perfectly suitable for old-aged people as they are easy to install and maintain, and provides easy access too. Alongside, this is an excellent choice for small places, and places that are hard to reach, as a result difficult to cool down.
- Duel fuel or Hybrid Air Conditioners give the utmost comfort while making sure you do not go bankrupt. They also have very low carbon footprint.
- Smart Air Conditioners come with a lot of functions such as week scheduling, geo-fencing, comfy mode and temperature range control. As a result of this circumstance, they can provide comfort and convenience with the most luxurious features and simultaneously save the earth by saving energy and power.
- Lastly, Geothermal Air Conditioners have high efficiency and come along with a longer lifespan.
No matter how many advantages a thing has, as nothing is perfect, it will always have its drawbacks, just like the types of Air Conditioners mentioned in the beginning. So now, let us have a look at those disadvantages.
- Central Air Conditioners are pricey and consume a lot of energy. This leads to the ac being inefficient. On top of these, the outdoor unit that as to be installed is an eye sore for the people.
- Ductless Mini Splits are not going to be enough for you if you have a large house, and as they are installed in a way where they cling to the wall, in other words, they are wall mounted so they are not hidden from the naked eye, they result in being eyesore as well.
- While the operation of window Air Conditioners, they are extremely noisy and very visible from the outside. They look unattractive. They also cause a hindrance in your view of the outside world from your window and they must be close to a suitable outlet with access to electricity.
- The main issue with portable Air Conditioners is that they are noisy and create sound pollution.
- Floor Mounted Air Conditioners can compromise with the Airflow, and this happens because as they are standing on the ground there are other stuff, like furniture which can obscure the Air flow.
- The setup of Duel Fuel Air Conditioners is extremely pricey and in the long run, there are chances of occurrence of breakeven.
- Similarly, smart Air Conditioners are also expensive, and for them to work, they require a mandatory Wi-Fi connection.
- Lastly, if we talk about Geothermal Air Conditioner, then we will see that this depends on the location of the place you want it to be installed as the set-up requires space. The set-up also requires a lot of money and is very costly.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
Whenever you are buying an Air Conditioner, you should first see the space capacity of the room or place you want it to be installed in. this is a must as if you do not do this, the chances of you suffering and repenting later is very high. Then, you should check the facilities that your Air Conditioner offers.
The cooling power and the usage of energy is one of the two most important things that you should always bear in your head. For size consultancy, you should ask the agents and the shopkeepers as they know the power of the product better than you do. And all these facilities and types mentioned above are always available in the showrooms of Walton.
So, this guide along with the Air Conditioners of Walton will together help you make sure that you have made your house comfy cool heaven this summer.