Refrigerators are essential kitchen appliances for any household. Whether you want to store vegetables, fish, meat for a long time or keep your beverages cool – there are no alternatives to refrigerators.
Refrigerators have made modern life convenient and added a new dimension to storing food. If you are searching for the best quality refrigerator at the most affordable price, Walton is here to assist you!
What is a Refrigerator?
The refrigerator is one of the most useful inventions of modern science. Refrigerators are electrical, kitchen appliances that use a thermally insulated compartment and a heat pump to exchange heat from the interior to the exterior environment.
In simpler words, a refrigerator helps you to keep your food items chill and prevent them from going bad. Walton refrigerators have special features that enhance the products even more.
There are several ways you can utilize your refrigerator. Starting from storing proteins and vegetables to using them to prepare cool, appetizing dishes – the possibilities are endless.
How Refrigerators Preserve Food
The primary function of a refrigerator is to keep food cool. Food stays fresher for longer when it is kept cold. Refrigeration’s basic concept is to slow down the action of bacteria, making it more difficult for microorganisms to ruin food.
Bacterial growth is prevented by refrigeration. Bacteria can be found almost everywhere in nature. They can be found in the earth, air, and water, as well as the meals we eat.
When bacteria have access to nutrition (food), moisture, and warm temperatures, they multiply quickly, reaching a stage where some germs might cause illness.
Bacteria grow most aggressively at temperatures between 40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, with some species doubling in size in as little as 20 minutes. Most items can be stored safely in a refrigerator set at 40 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
Advantages of Refrigeration Food Preservation
Refrigerators offer you the smartest ways to preserve food. You can control the temperature according to your needs and store items for longer.
There are many advantages of refrigeration food preservation:
- This method of preservation takes a very short amount of time. In under an hour, a hundred pounds of meat may be processed into meal-size containers. In just a few minutes, you can blanch a big number of veggies.
- You can easily combine recipes to make quick dishes that are free of chemicals, preservatives, extra salt, and sugar. Some households prepare a month’s worth of comfort meals to save time & expense.
- You can conserve food and keep it for extended periods of time, and you’ll always have something to cook with or eat. When products are on sale, you can buy in abundance and save money. Blanching foods before refrigerating slows enzyme activity and preserves nutritional content.
- Food preservation through refrigeration offers various advantages over canning. Canning jars and lids are more expensive than refrigerator containers. Blanching produces less heat in the living space and requires less initial energy use than canning. It also keeps vitamins more effective than in canning.
Preserving foods in the refrigerator allows you to store seasonal vegetables for longer and enjoy chilled beverages – it truly is a wonder of the modern world!
Disadvantages of Refrigerator Food Preservation
Besides having many benefits, preserving food by refrigerating also has a few drawbacks –
- The texture and flavor of food can be affected by freezer burn. Damaged ice crystals may occur on the food as a result of air exposure. The frozen food’s cells burst, causing moisture, texture, and flavor loss. The dried-out, gray-brown borders or bits of meat, crusted areas of baked goods, and faded colors in vegetables and fruit are all signs of freezer burn. It is safe to eat freezer-burned foods, but they are distasteful.
- Even when blanched for a short period, many vegetables and fruits lack their freshness when refrigerated. Cooked frozen corn on the cob, squash, potatoes and broccoli turn into mushy, soggy veggies. Peas, for example, are a superior tasting vegetable to many of the fresh types. Corn off the cob, some green bean kinds, and shredded greens like spinach or kale perform nicely in soups or stews when firmness isn’t required.
- The refrigerating process destroys vitamins B and C. Frozen fruits also have fewer antioxidants than fresh fruits, which protect you from cell damage. Vitamins A, E, carotenoids, fiber, minerals, and proteins, on the other hand, do not lose their nutritional value when refrigerated fruits and vegetables are consumed.
- When refrigerated, certain things alter the texture and do not taste or feel the same when defrost and eaten. They can catch up with the odors of other products in the refrigerator if they are not securely wrapped.
- Refrigerators are costly. It not only necessitates an initial high-cost investment in the refrigerator, but it also requires a continuing high-cost investment in maintaining electricity to it.
- Refrigerators require a continuous electricity supply to function and that is one of the drawbacks of food preservation through refrigeration. A refrigerated plan can be ruined by an electrical disruption. When the power is out for an extended period of time, you risk losing a lot of money in groceries. The issue of power failures isn’t the only one. Refrigerators may and do deteriorate mechanically.
Despite the disadvantages of refrigeration food preservation, it is actually nearly impossible to lead a modern life without a refrigerator. It is an essential product in our daily life and the necessity can’t be denied.
Why You Should Buy Walton Refrigerators
At Walton, you can find superior quality refrigerators within your budget. There is a wide range of products you can choose from. Walton refrigerators have inverter technology that helps to curb electricity bills and ensures high performance.
The Nano silver technology protects your food from harmful bacteria. You can even follow useful tips on Walton refrigerator meat preservation. Usually, more people buy refrigerators in Eid Ul Adha for better storage.
Contact your nearest Walton showroom or visit their webpage to find out more about the smart, direct cool refrigerators. Buy the best products from the best electronic brand in Bangladesh!