Rice may be a pain to prepare, and the last thing any of us needs is another thing to worry about. Fortunately, a good rice cooker will ensure that you get it right the first time. It allows you to start the rice and then leave it alone while you focus on the rest of your dinner.
What type of rice cooker should you get? There are many different brands, sizes, and designs of rice cookers to pick from. Rice cookers are available separately from multi-cookers, which can cook a variety of dishes in addition to rice. Here’s how to choose the finest rice cooker for you.
What’s the difference between budget and high-end rice cookers?
The cost of an electric rice cooker might vary greatly. The reason for such a large price discrepancy is due to differences in how cheap rice cookers work vs more expensive models. A removable bowl (typically ceramic or metal) fits inside a pot in all-electric home rice cookers. A heating element is located at the bottom of the pot.
Some low-cost rice cookers will turn off the heating element once the boiling temperature has been achieved and sustained for a predetermined amount of time, while others will stop boiling until the weight of the bowl’s contents has dropped below a particular threshold. A more complex method is used by the majority of mid-range and high-end rice cookers.
Is it true that all rice cookers can cook any variety of rice?
The majority of low-cost rice cookers can only cook long-grain rice, and even then only to a basic quality. Presets selected from a control panel on the front of the rice cooker can handle other varieties of rice, including short-grain rice, and more unique rice-based dishes.
Before you start looking at what’s available, figure out what size you’ll need. This will help you narrow down your options. Rice cookers can be bulky, so take into account the amount of room you have in your kitchen before purchasing.
Glass or sealed lid?
Simpler, less expensive models are more likely to have a glass cover. This means you can keep an eye on the rice while it cooks, which isn’t possible with sealed models. Due to the high heat of rice cooking, the lids tend to blow out water and steam at the sides, which can be harmful.
Sealed lids, which normally feature a vent and are only found on more costly rice and multi-cookers, are safer and less dirty.
Single-purpose or multi-purpose
These machines are dedicated to cooking rice only, with a few offering vegetable steaming and porridge functions. This option may be right for you if you cook rice frequently and have the space to store equipment.
Because it combines numerous operations – steaming, slow or pressure cooking, and more – into one unit, a multi-cooker can save a lot of room. Multi-cookers are more expensive than rice cookers, but they provide more flexibility.
It may appear complex at first because there are so many features in one machine, but it gets easier with practice. When the multi-cooker is used frequently to cook strong-flavored items such as curries and stews, or for air- or deep-frying, the rice flavor will eventually be tainted. As a result, purists of rice may choose a single-purpose cooker.
Now, you know on which basis you will choose a good rice cooker, and to help you even more here are the 100 best brands’ list which make the best rice cooker-
Best rice cookers list:
- Walton WRC-CS180
- Usable for uncooked rice weighing 1.0-1.2 kg. Unique “Safety thermostat” for maximum electrical safety. Electrical shock resistant.
- Walton WRC-PAPE18
- Suitable for uncooked rice weighing 1.0-1.2 kg. Inner pots are made of aluminium plastic body that can withstand high temperatures
- Aroma Housewares Rice Cooker, Professional Version
- Aroma’s cooker is rapid, long-lasting, and cost-effective. It can prepare up to 8 cups of brown rice, white rice, or quinoa, which can serve up to eight people, using specified functions.
- Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy NS-ZCC10
- This rice cooker employs the aforementioned fuzzy logic, in which the gadget makes minor adjustments to ensure that the rice is cooked to perfection. It also has a long-lasting warming mechanism that keeps rice warm for hours.
- Panasonic Automatic Electric Rice cooker
- Anodized aluminium cooking pan; auto cooking; auto cut-off
- Pre-cooking capacity is 1.0 litre; post-cooking capacity is 2.7 litre. Cook 600 gram raw rice in a KG rice cooker
- Bajaj Majesty RCX5 Electric Rice Cooker
- Capacity: 1.8 litres; uncooked rice boiling capacity: 1 kg. The Cooking Bowl is made of anodized aluminum.
- Tefal RK302E15 8-in-1 Multi Cooker
- This huge round cooker cooks rice, stews, risottos, and meats in addition to rice. This isn’t the cooker for you if you’re searching for a little one.
- Lakeland mini multi cooker
- Rice cookers might be big, but this Lakeland model is tiny enough to fit in a small kitchen. The rice-cooking programs are effective and yield fluffy results.
- Yum Asia Bamboo Induction
- The Bamboo eight-person rice cooker is one for the connoisseurs, with its high-tech cooking procedure and a slew of features. To make sophisticated temperature adjustments, it uses a fuzzy-logic microprocessor and induction heating.
- Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus
- If you can’t rationalize buying a separate rice cooker or have been thinking about getting a multi cooker for a while, this latest offering from Instant Pot is a great option, especially for meat-eaters.
- Tiger JKT-D Series IH Stainless Steel Multifunctional Rice Cooker
- It has induction heating, which heats the entire inside pot using alternating electric current. The heat efficiency is quite great, and the entire kiln heats up uniformly, ensuring even cooking of the rice.
- Prestige Delight PRWO Electric Rice Cooker
- Panasonic SR-WA10 Automatic Electric Rice Cooker
- Bajaj Majesty RCX Mini Multifunction Electric Rice Cooker
- Tiger Micom 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker
- Oster DiamondForce 6-cup Rice Cooker
- Hamilton Beach Programmable Rice Cooker
- Russell Hobbs 27040 large rice cooker
- ProCook microwave rice cooker
- CIGNA 1.2L Mini Travel Rice Cooker
One can easily choose from this list and have the best rice cooker experience. And for Bangladeshi people, there is Walton which will provide you the most amazing rice cooker at a reasonable price so go buy yours.